I found this neat little site ( Everyone’s Mixtape ) where you can create a playlist of your favorite songs and organize them and play them back on your site. Pretty neat idea and web site. I urge you to check them out, especially if you have a website of your own. This could add some sticky to it.
As an example, I created me a playlist then copied the code provided and pasted it here:
Movie2k.to is the movie Napster of our time.
Here is the description Wikipedia gives for it:
Movie2k.to is a German website that allows visitors to view films on computers, tablets and smartphones via the Internet. It is intended primarily for German- and English–speaking visitors. The website is, according to Alexa among the one hundred sites with the highest traffic in Germany. It shows a list of links to many file hosting websites.
The site is full of download links. But, if you are looking for the latest movie, chances are, it’s there!
4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography. Users do not need to register an account before participating in the community. Feel free to click on a board that interests you and jump right in!
Hey guys, do you think Pinterest is to girly? Don’t feel lonely. So do alot of others. CNN has come along to help us out so we have more of a choice.
- Dudepins - Dudepins, social sharing online pin board for men. Pins for men. All things manly and gentleman like. Stuff for guys.
- Manteresting - MANteresting.com is dedicated to bringing you the most interesting and relevant images on the internet that highlight awesome man stuff. All content is 100% user submitted! Our members use MANteresting to connect with their friends, discover new websites, and to organize and store their favorite pictures, tutorials and DIY guides. Give us a chance, you won’t be disappointed.
- PunchPin - PunchPin is a social board for guys to share all kinds of manly stuff that guys like – it’s the best time waster for guys online.
- Gentlemint - Gentlemint is a mint of manly things. “…one of the more manly websites on the planet” ~ American Moustache Institute Get Started →
- Dartitup - Dartitup is an image-based social content aggregator with a predominantly male audience. The Dartitup community scours the web in search of cool products, news and information.
* Unlike Pinterest, however, these sites have fewer photos of wedding dresses and more pics of beards, babes, guns, Harleys and bottles of whiskey.
However, if you do like Pinterest, here are some similar websites:
- Pinspire - Pinspire – collect and share your inspirations. At Pinspire you can browse thousands of pins to find the perfect style, product, recipe and more.
- Clipix - Clipix helps you organize your life by giving you one central place where you can keep everything you see online and want to come back to. It’s always free.
- Stylepin - StylePin is a collaboration of fashion and style inspirations.
“Man” movie mentioned in the article:
Morgan Spurlock’s new documentary “Mansome” - From America’s greatest beardsman, to Morgan Spurlock’s own mustache, Executive Producers Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman bring us a hilarious look at men’s identity in the 21st century. Models, actors, experts and comedians weigh in on what it is to be a man in a world where the definition of masculinity has become as diverse as a hipster’s facial hair in Williamsburg. The hilarious follicles of men’s idiosyncratic grooming habits are thoroughly combed over as men finally take a long hard look in the mirror.
Read CNN’s full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/tech/web/manly-alternatives-pinterest/index.html
Remember Building 7 is a non-partisan campaign led by 9/11 family members to raise awareness of the destruction of World Trade Center Building 7 so that public pressure will compel the New York City Council and Manhattan District Attorney to open a new investigation.
In the fall of 2010, the campaign raised $100,000 to run ads on cable television throughout the New York Metropolitan Area. The first TV ad featured four 9/11 family members and aired 580 times from November 2 through December 5, reaching an estimated one million unique viewers an average of 8 times each. The campaign also attracted some media coverage, reaching several million more viewers on Geraldo Rivera and Judge Andrew Napolitano’s shows.
A second TV ad was released online in March 2011 featuring four 9/11 family members, two engineers and two architects. The campaign again succeeded in raising $100,000 to run more ads in June 2011, reaching another one million unique viewers.
The campaign also commissioned a Siena poll in May 2011 that found 48% of New Yorkers would be in favor of the New York City Council or Manhattan District Attorney opening a new Building 7 investigation.
Now the campaign is striving to raise $1 million – the amount needed to reach 50% of the New York Metro Area and 2 million people in other major cities. This sudden surge in awareness will generate the amount of public discussion needed to bring about a new investigation.