Hey guys, do you think Pinterest is to girly? Don’t feel lonely. So do alot of others. CNN has come along to help us out so we have more of a choice.
- Dudepins - Dudepins, social sharing online pin board for men. Pins for men. All things manly and gentleman like. Stuff for guys.
- Manteresting - MANteresting.com is dedicated to bringing you the most interesting and relevant images on the internet that highlight awesome man stuff. All content is 100% user submitted! Our members use MANteresting to connect with their friends, discover new websites, and to organize and store their favorite pictures, tutorials and DIY guides. Give us a chance, you won’t be disappointed.
- PunchPin - PunchPin is a social board for guys to share all kinds of manly stuff that guys like – it’s the best time waster for guys online.
- Gentlemint - Gentlemint is a mint of manly things. “…one of the more manly websites on the planet” ~ American Moustache Institute Get Started →
- Dartitup - Dartitup is an image-based social content aggregator with a predominantly male audience. The Dartitup community scours the web in search of cool products, news and information.
* Unlike Pinterest, however, these sites have fewer photos of wedding dresses and more pics of beards, babes, guns, Harleys and bottles of whiskey.
However, if you do like Pinterest, here are some similar websites:
- Pinspire - Pinspire – collect and share your inspirations. At Pinspire you can browse thousands of pins to find the perfect style, product, recipe and more.
- Clipix - Clipix helps you organize your life by giving you one central place where you can keep everything you see online and want to come back to. It’s always free.
- Stylepin - StylePin is a collaboration of fashion and style inspirations.
“Man” movie mentioned in the article:
Morgan Spurlock’s new documentary “Mansome” - From America’s greatest beardsman, to Morgan Spurlock’s own mustache, Executive Producers Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Ben Silverman bring us a hilarious look at men’s identity in the 21st century. Models, actors, experts and comedians weigh in on what it is to be a man in a world where the definition of masculinity has become as diverse as a hipster’s facial hair in Williamsburg. The hilarious follicles of men’s idiosyncratic grooming habits are thoroughly combed over as men finally take a long hard look in the mirror.
Read CNN’s full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/tech/web/manly-alternatives-pinterest/index.html